I’m writing this from an island in the middle of a huge lake that has two volcanoes on it and more chocolate than Willy Wonka’s factory. Grateful Dead is blasting from the speakers as I sip on a chocolate smoothie and work. This smoothie from the Cocao Bar at El Pital in Ometempe Nicaragua is what dreams are made of. I created a similar version that I’d like to share with you so you can channel some of these magical vibes in your home.
Chocolate Paradise Smoothie
Ingredients Makes 1 serving
- 1 chopped and peeled frozen banana
- 1/8 cup frozen blueberries
- 1-2 heaping tbsp of cacao powder
- 1 tbsp nut butter (Almond, peanut, cashew)
- 1-1 1/2 cup of unsweetened nut milk (coconut, almond, cashew, hemp)
- A few ice cubes
- 1 handful of greens (kale or spinach)
- Play this song
- Place all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth
- Put love and gratitude into the smoothie
- Pour into cup and enjoy
Love you so much!