Since your body is composed of about 60% water (obviously the other 40% is sparkles and rainbows), it’s important to hydrate yourself. If you like to party and you like to do it consciously, then you know how water is key to you feelin like the rock star I know you are. When you’re partying down it’s super easy to forget to drink the nectar of the gods.
Some say that’s tequila. Others swear it’s whisky. There are people out there convinced it’s beer or wine. I’m not saying they’re wrong, but without good ol’ H2o they wouldn’t think that in the morning. Why pound this natural form of liquid gold that magically comes out of your faucets? Cause it’s good for you duh. Lol. And because of these reasons that science has proven through research that other people did:
- Drinking water helps maintain the balance of bodily fluids. Since your body is composed of water more than anything else, drinking water is essential for digestion, absorption, circulation, avoiding dry mouth, and the maintenance of body temperature. FYI Alcohol interferes with the communication between your brain and kidneys which causes the excess excretion of fluids which pretty much causes you to be super dehydrated. I don’t know the science behind this, but I’m thinking that may be the reason that so many people pee in their dresser drawers, refrigerators and/or their pants when they’ve been on the hooch.
- Water helps energize your dancing muscles. Cells that don’t maintain their balance of fluids will shrivel up, which makes your muscles feel tired. Tip: If you know you’re going to get your boogie on at the party make sure to drink about 17 ounces of water (that’s a pint glass plus one gulp) two hours before the big event. While you’re at the party, keep on guzzling. If you’re drinking alcohol, you’ve gotta drink even more water. Like a lot more!
- Water helps your kidneys out. Your kidneys are the stay of the show when it comes to cleansing and ridding your body of toxins. They can only do their best job when you help them out by drinking water. How can you tell that you’v
- e done your part in helping out your kidneys? Your pee will be clear and virtually odorless (unless you’ve had asparagus for dinner).
- Water helps you have healthy poops. When you don’t drink enough, the colon pulls water from your number twos to maintain hydration which will in turn make you constipated. Basically if you don’t drink enough water you’ll be full of sh*t and a major party pooper.
Now that you know how important water is for your party time, here are some tips on how to consume even more. Yay!
- Drink water with every meal.
- If you have trouble drinking water because you don’t like the taste or it’s boring, try squeezing a lemon, lime or orange into it. I like filling a big glass with water and putting cucumbers or mint in it and letting it sit overnight. It’s delicious!
- Eat your fruits and veggies. They are full of water.
- Bring a water bottle with you if you’re on the go.
- If you’re out and enjoying some boozy beverages, mix them with club soda and also have a glass of water between each cocktail.
- Start your day with a large class of water, a few wine glasses full or lots and lots of shots of it. I like to drink mine to Irish Drinking songs. I wrote a parody of Shots by LMFOA ft Lil Jon. It’s fun to drink your morning water to that too. Enjoy.
If you’re thirsty ladies and gentlemen
Get ready to get hydrated up
Let’s do it! Haha LMFAO
You know what
Lil Jon Fishman, yeah
All of the agua-holics
Where you at, let’s go
When I walk into the club
All eyes on me
I’m with the rocking life crew
All drinks are free
We like lemon, we love lime
We can to rock our lives
Everybody it’s on
Shots shots shots shots shots shots shots
shots shots shots shots shots
shots shots shots shots shots
What are your personal tips for drinking enough water? Leave a comment below?
The party animal in me sees and bows to the party animal in you (consciously of course),