4 bars of good-quality dark chocolate (equals about 12 grams)
Almonds (or your favorite nut)
Dried blueberries (or another dried fruit you love)
Stuff You’ll Need
Silicon ice cube trays (totalling 30 cubes)
Microwave-safe measuring cup or a double-boiler
- Put on a mix of your favorite Yes songs.
- Coat each ice cube tray lightly with coconut oil.
- Toast the nuts on a baking sheet for 8 minutes at 350°F, until slightly darkened. Cool completely before using.
- Chop nuts and dried fruits until they’re teeny tiny.
- Place the dried fruit, the chopped nuts and the seeds in their own bowls. This makes life a little easier.
- If using a large chocolate bar, chop it up into small pieces no bigger than a chocolate chip.
- If you have a double-boiler, use that to melt the chocolate otherwise transfer the chocolate to a microwave-safe measuring cup. Microwave at half-power for 1 minute, then stir. Microwave another 20 seconds and stir. Continue microwaving and stirring every 20 seconds until only a few small lumps remain. Stir until the remaining lumps have melted.
- Fill the wells with just 1/4- to 1/2-inch of chocolate.
- Sprinkle a small amount of your toppings over the chocolate. Use your fingers or the back of a spoon to very gently press the toppings into the chocolate, making sure they stick. If you have any leftover melted chocolate, you can drizzle it over the tops of the bites.
- The chocolates will set in a few hours at room temperature. If you’re in a rush, you can place the trays in the fridge to help the chocolate set more quickly.
- Pop the bites out of the ice cube tray. Transfer them into an air-tight container. Store at room temperature for several weeks (or store in the fridge if you live in a tropical location).
- Put on Yes songs every time you eat one and dance around. Enjoy!