I’m always looking for new and unique ways to eat vegetables when my cousin posted a recipe for raviolis that were made out of zucchini. Raviolis are one of my favorite foods to eat, but my stomach has another opinion about it. All that wheat and dairy going straight to the gut in one shot is something that reeks havoc to my system and recently I’m choosing to avoid experiencing all of that.
I took a recipe from the Healthy Maven and adapted it to be dairy free. This recipe is not only really healthy, but it’s really easy to make.
Stuff Needed to Make the Magic:
- 1/2 package of mozzarella almond cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped cooking greens (spinach, kale, chard)
- Marinara sauce
- 4 zucchinis that are about 8 inches
How to Make the Magic:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Put on some good music. Here’s my cooking mix.
- In a glass baking pan pour sauce til a shallow layer fills the pan
- Take your vegetable peeler and slice vertically down the zucchini to make nice thin “zoodles”
- Set two of these zoodles vertically and two zoodles horizontally to create a cross
- Place the almond cheese where they intersect
- On top of that pile the rest of the ingredients
- Fold the vertical zoodles over the cheese and then repeat with the horizontal zoodles. around the cheese
- Place seam side down in the pan filled with sauce
- Repeat until you either run out of zoodles or out of cheese.
- Sprinkle lightly salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bake at 350 F. for about 20 minutes
- Take it out and put it on a plate
- Put the plate on the table
- Take three deep breaths
- Express what you’re grateful for
Have a recipe you love? Send it to me so I can feature you and your yumminess.
The awesome in me sees and bows to the awesome in you,