One of my favorite foods in the world is macaroni and cheese. In college I would eat entire boxes in one sitting. After a binge full of chemicals and processed foods I often felt bloated, tired and sick. After much work on myself and eating mostly whole real foods I started eating this version of mac and cheese instead and it’s epically good!!!!
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pieces of toasted bread made into breadcrumbs in your blender (I used ezzekial bread)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup of cooked pasta (I used quinoa pasta)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup milk (I used coconut milk)
- 1 cup shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Lightly oil a 9-inch baking dish
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in the pot
- Add garlic and onion and cook until onions have become translucent which is about 3-4 minutes.
- Dance around your kitchen and sing to your favorite song using a spatula as a microphone
- In a baking dish pour in pasta, cauliflower, onions, garlic, breadcrumbs, milk and cheeses a handful at a time until smooth; season with salt and pepper to taste. Add more milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Place into oven and bake until bubbly, about 12-15 minutes.
- Give an encore performance with your spatula microphone
- Serve immediately
- Before you dig in express what you are grateful for that day and take 3 deep breaths
Do you have a recipe you love? Post it below in the comments section or send me an email here.