I always hear people talking about how they want to live to be over 100 years old. I want to live that long too. You only live once (or maybe more), but either way the important thing to remember is if you are going to live to be over 100 years old, it’s much more of an enjoyable life if you are happy and healthy the whole time, don’t ya think? I do! If you want to live a long, healthy and happy life…here’s how!
- Get Your Boogie On- By getting your boogie on, I mean every day you need to move your body to the point of breaking a sweat. You can dance naked in your living room to “Vogue” by Madonna and “My Heart Will Go On” by Celine Dion on repeat. Maybe you choose to go running. How does playing a team sport sound to you? It doesn’t matter what you decide to do, just do it, do it everyday and sweat baby sweat!
- Find Your Tribe- Belong to something. When you feel a part of a community you have a sense of purpose and you won’t feel lonely. You care for the people in your tribe and they care for you. Join a club. Go to a meet-up. Participate in activities you love. Hang out where your peeps are. If nothing like this exists where you live, create it!
- Surround Yourself with Healthy and Happy People- When you hang out with people who are healthy and happy, you will naturally feel healthier and happier too. If your friends are downers, don’t ditch them, but love them. You may need to love them from a distance if they are constantly draining you of your happy juju. If you are going to grow old with people, it’s much more fun to do it with happy people.
- Get it On!!- Sex is good for you health. It reduces stress, is a great workout and it leaves you with a beautiful glow. If you are single or in an open relationship, please be safe and use protection. STD’s are not good for living a long happy life. The next time your partner turns down sex because they have a headache, let them know if you start doin’ it, not only will their headache likely go away, but together you will increase your life spans so you can do it that many more times in your lifetime. Oooooo yeah!
- Eat a Plant Based Diet- Eating a diet of real whole foods that is at least 80% plants will keep you healthy. Slow down when you eat and make it an event. Enjoy every bite. If you can grow your own garden that’s even better. Being responsible for the food you eat will prolong your life. No wonder organic farmers often live to be so old. Let yourself indulge once in a while. If you sit down and take time to really enjoy a brownie sundae once in a while it won’t kill you. It will actually do the opposite…unless you are allergic to the ingredients in the brownie sundae.
- Chill the F Out- Seriously. Chill out. Worrying causes stress and stress is a huge disease causer and killer. Go with the flow baby and trust in the divine being (whatever that is for you). Horrible situations happen to even the best people. Those situations are the same, but how each person chooses to react to them is what makes all the difference in their longevity. If you are constantly freaking out about everything it’s going to take a toll on your quality of life and probably those around you too. You can’t control everything. You can’t control mother nature or how the people you come in contact with will act so stop trying and just be.
- Live in Gratitude- Be grateful for all you have in your life and you will receive more of it. People who are grateful for not only the big things in their lives, but the small ones too live healthier and happier lives and they are grateful for it too.
- Give and Receive- Don’t be afraid to give. Give your time. Give your money. Be generous. An amazing side effect to giving is as long as you are open to it you will begin to receive more and more. People who give generously and are open to receiving live fulfilled happy lives.
- Love!- Love is where it’s at. Be grateful for the love that is your life right now. The love of your family, the love of your friends, the love of your pets and the love you have in relationships. If desire more go out an get it. Love is really all there is and when you live a life full of love you will live a long and happy life. I love you!!!